Director of Application Development
Venado Technologies is looking for a Director of Application Development to join our team.
Venado Technologies is looking for a Director of Application Development to join our fast-growing company. As the leader of the team building custom mobile and web applications for Venado’s customers, you will manage all project delivery using our agile development methodology. The position requires close collaboration with a Venado team that works on a distributed basis throughout the US and overseas. The position involves daily interaction with customers to ensure on-time and on-budget application delivery with the highest quality.
The Director of Application Development will also be responsible for contributing to the technical vision and roadmap for future services offered by Venado.
Send us an email with a copy of your resume to
- Manage project managers, architects, developers and QA staff who work on a distributed basis throughout the US and overseas.
- Communicate regularly with customer stakeholders about project timelines, staffing requirements, budget status and new project requirements.
- Manage key IT customer relationships including architecture, infrastructure, services, data and security. Collaborate with other dependent organizations for effective delivery of mobile and web solutions.
- Hire and manage a team of talented mobile and web developers to create a world class mobile application delivery organization.
- Manage and oversee outsourced on and offshore development teams for on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Enable continuous improvement within the delivery process by incorporating feedback from various sources including customer executive management, end users and customer IT staff.
- Work with Venado’s key technology partners (most notably Microsoft) to stay abreast of new technology offerings and programs available to Venado for incorporation into our service offerings.
- Identify and implement process improvements to reduce costs while improving time to market and quality.
- Monitor and ensure financial metrics are met for each project.
- Educate and ensure adherence to the company’s code-reuse initiatives and coding and quality standards for each project.
- Work with sales staff to review and develop proposals, statements of work and Master Service Agreements.
- Monitor and research new technologies and software products that can potentially be incorporated into Venado’s service offerings.
- Minimum five (5) years of Application Development management experience and three (3) years of mobile application experience.
- Specific experience on the “vendor side” working with a firm that delivered custom applications to customers.
- Experience in B2B mobile and web application development for large companies.
- Working knowledge of mobile development technologies such as HTML5, Cross-platform application development tools like Xamarin, and iOS and Android native development.
- Experience with application development
- Experience in software application development, with 5+ years of management or lead experience, and 5 years of managing medium-to-large teams on multiple, parallel projects.
- Proven track record with on-time and on-budget application delivery.
- Strong management, inter-personnel, collaboration and leadership skills.
- Proven track record in people, finance and project management.
- Experience with agile and traditional methodologies.
- Solid understanding of testing techniques and tools, including Test Driven Development (TDD), continuous integration, unit testing, and integration testing.
- Strong understanding of B2B mobile application development and delivery.
- Ability to motivate and inspire team members.
- Good understanding and knowledge of mobile devices, applications, platforms and tools.
- Must possess excellent writing and oral communication skills, and be able to demonstrate experience building and maintaining relationships with executives and technical teams.
- Experience creating and negotiating customer Statements of Work.
- Experience working with Microsoft.